4/6/10

Why on Earth (or any other planet) would I want an iPad?

Okay, I have to ask: am I the ONLY person on the planet who isn’t impressed with the iPad? Exactly why would I spend $500 US for a device that can’t match the capabilities of my laptop and Android smart phone? I’m not Apple bashing here…but I just don’t get the hype. Cost aside, I’m trying to imagine (and I have a good imagination) how or why I’d ever use this thing. Every time I think about it, I see it laying on my coffee table, gathering dust….meanwhile I’m using my Droid to surf the web, get my email, take photos, podcast, etc….and then using my laptop to work/video conference/make phone calls, etc. Now, exactly why would I want to spend $500 on an iPad? (and please don’t tell me: “because it’s revolutionary and cool”…because that doesn’t make it useful).

What is the big deal? I'm just not impressed at all.