4/4/10

A Good Day for a Re-Launch

Happy Easter everyone!

It’s a beautiful day for a run and a relaunch of Phedippidations.

I’ve made some subtle changes in the show that were based on listener comments, positive criticism (I ignored all the hate mail, as usual) and some personal reflection that made me realize that I could do better with the show. Thus, Phedippidations is no longer about “thoughts, opinions, observations and rambling diatribes” (although, to be fair, there will be some of that included from time to time) but is mostly “Inspirations, motivations, contemplations and conversations for and about runners”.

See, THAT was my original intent with this show. I wanted to spread the good word about living our lives to the top through something as simple and pure as running. Admittedly, I’m not much of a spokesperson for teaching the world HOW to run, as I remain your humble “middle aged, middle of the pack, slightly asthmatic runner”, but I do have some talent with the written (and therefore) spoken word: so I think you’ll appreciate the new sound to Phedippidations (although, again: it’s pretty much the same format as before).

I’m going to talk less about me (although, there will be segments and essays which are, indeed about me…as I think I have some personal reflections that will help to inspire and motivate); but for those of you who want to know what’s going on in my life (I’m guessing there might be at most, ten of you who care) I’m going to be producing/recording and uploading audio/video/photos/tweets and little blog posts like this one to my new “Intervals” blog.

Intervals? What’s that? I think the great Zen Runner himself: Adam Tinkoff ( http://tinkoff.com ) said it best when he called this my “Digital Scrap Book”. It’s just random…well, thoughts, opinions, observations and diatribes (sound familiar?) that I’ll post with some intermittent frequency.

I have a lot of people to thank for helping me relaunch Phedippidations; and I’ll be doing so over the next few weeks in the videos and ipadio (audio) posts I’ll upload to the Intervals blog…but I do want to take a moment here to give special thanks to my good friend Adam Tinkoff.

I went to Adam asking for his help in redesigning the entire online Phedippidations “experience” ; that is: my website and how it was organized. He took his own, personal time to help me plan out a logically easy to navigate (and populate) presence using Blogger and other tools to make SteveRunner.com easier to follow, and the link to my Intervals content easier to get to and consume.

Thank you Adam. Your creativity, passion for communication through this media, sound advice in both podcasting and life…and most importantly your friendship: is something I’ll always cherish.

Have a great day fellow runners!! Life = Good.

- Steve