6/12/10

Fellow Runner Podcasters, Lend me your Promos!

Do you produce or take part in a podcast about running?  Would you like some free publicity on a goofy little podcast that will be heard by some old and new media journalists as well as several podcast hosting service provider sales folks? 

Have I got a deal for YOU! (actually, it’s more of a free OFFER than it is a “deal”).

In a few weeks (last week of June or first week of July) I’ll be producing a VERY SPECIAL episode of Phedippidations titled “More Running Podcasts” as a follow-up to an episode I first produced back in September of 2008 (Fdip152: Running Podcasts).

If you produce or contribute to a podcast that is related to the topic of running, consider this your invitation to record a short (less than 2 minutes) audio introduction telling us what your show is about, what it’s called and where listeners can find it.

Send your audio file or promotional announcement in an email message to Steve@steverunner.com

PLEASE UNDERSTAND that I won’t be able to mention every running podcast that’s out there, because there’s just not enough time (and I really don’t want to make the entire content of the episode a recital of the ever growing list).  This is why I’m posting this blog entry today; to remind you that the sooner you send me some audio, the better your chances for getting a mention. 

Please keep it short. One to two minutes is all I’ll have time to play, although if you’re unsure of the duration I can edit it down for you.

If I do not mention your podcast on this special episode, it’s only because I couldn’t fit it in, and by not sending me any audio I assumed the you didn’t really care to get a mention (which is cool, but please don’t feel offended that I didn’t include a mention of your show if you don’t send me any audio.  Consider this is fair warning!).

Over the past month or so, I’ve been asked by several old and new media journalists, and marketing/sales people at a couple of different podcast hosting services, to recommend other running related podcasts to listen to.  I’ve been sending them to runningppodcasts.org, but I realize now that it would be much better if they heard your voice instead of reading a directory entry.

That’s why I want to produce this special episode titled “More Running Podcasts”.

So how about it?  Here’s your chance to get some free promotion and to let the non-running/non-podcast-listening world hear about your GREAT podcast!  You could be the next or at the very least, make a few listener-friends who might not otherwise have heard of your running related podcast!

Run long and taper!

- Steve