5/20/10

Intervals: a new audio podcast to run with!

This blog of mine; this “Intervals” thing, is more of a digital scrap-book.  It’s a generous mix of video (using Qik) textual essays and audio “Phlog” entries (using iPadio) to bring you content “between Phedippidations episodes”.

I really don’t know who watches, reads or listens to my ramblings: but that doesn’t really matter.  My purpose with this Intervals thing is to contribute more content to the running community network of fellow runners; and to be honest: with Intervals it’s NOT always about running.

Almost all of what I’m doing here is produced courtesy of my Motorola Droid smartphone.  I write the essays using Google Docs (and can post them directly from my phone to the Blogger site).  My Droid has QIK loaded for live video recording, and I’ve found that the iPadio service is just outstanding in many ways.

One thing these services have in common is the ability to post them to RSS (Really Simple Syndication).  A bunch of you (I’m not revealing how many, but enough that my inbox has been kinda clogged up lately, thank you very much) have asked if it is possible for me to post some of this content as a podcast.

Well, as I can’t image many of you running, reading or viewing a video: I’ve decided to submit only the audio content to iTunes as a brand-spanking new podcast.

(There is an RSS feed for the video at http://feeds.feedburner.com/SteverunnersRecentQikVideos but I can’t imagine posting these to iTunes, they’re kinda hacked together snippits).

In iTunes you’ll find the following description for the audio content of this digital scrap-book:

Intervals: Supplemental and alternative podcasting goodness from Steve Runner, host of Phedippidations: the podcast for runners at SteveRunner.com

If you use iTunes to download Phedippidations, all you need to do is execute a search for “Intervals” in the iTunes store (or navigate to Podcasts > Sports & Recreation > Amateur > Steve Runner) and you’ll have a new podcast to check out.

It’s not as slick or obsessively edited as my podcast Phedippidations: in fact, most of the time I’ll record Intervals as I drive to or from my office…but it will be a more frequent podcast offering than Phedippidations, and I’ll talk about many different things:

Wine, social networking, “new media” (can we still call it that?); baseball, life, podcast production, other podcasts and blogs, “listener email” and responses, what’s going on with my life, more wine, my puppy, thoughts opinions, observations and rambling diatribes (I bet you were wondering where THOSE went!), and even more wine. 

I’m expecting to keep this show at around 10 minutes or so (certainly no more than 15) and I’m guessing it’ll come out 2 or 3 times per week (sometimes more, sometimes less).

I hope you like it.  Think of Intervals as the rest between Phedippidations episodes.

Run long and Taper!

- Steve