5/30/14

Chinese Food

The year was 1983 and my friend John Leone, Dicks’ brother…who I know and love as Vito were up at my college radio station just messing around with recording equipment.  John is the most talented person I know, a broadway and television actor…Les Mis, Jersey Boys…yeah, you’ve probably seen him.  But this song was really written for his brother: Dick, who we know as Dungman.  Don’t be offended, this was written and sung in a different age when dudes where dudes and bimbies were clueless.  And so, you’ll excuse me if I talk to him right now.

Dude.  Remember those nights after hanging around at the Tent or at Bobby Burns, eating little white boxes of Chinese food at my parents house on Holbrook Road?  We were wild spas dogs back then man, livin large and taking names.

To this day, whenever I order Chinese I think of us hanging out, playing cards and keeping my parents and siblings awake upstairs.


I’ll never stop the search dude…in search of the ultimate biff.  It’s out there, and it’s fueled by Chinese food.