7/9/12

WJUL Steve YEAH Walker Tapes – Part 3


This is the third installment of a radio show I hosted when I attended the University of Lowell, in Lowell Massachusetts.  It was recorded 30 years ago.

Check out the introduction to the show.  I was heavily interested in program production and all of the elements you’ll hear were recorded on reel-to-reel audio tape…edited together using razor blades and scotch tape!

This was a live remote broadcast that I hosted with some friends from back in the Quincy/Weymouth area who drove up to spend a few hours with me “on the radio”.  This first part takes place at a pizza-pub on campus and then (later) we head back into the studio.

The audio heard here was recorded out of phase because the studio engineer pressed the wrong button…but the quality is still pretty good after all these years (the lyrics to some of the songs are somewhat suppressed).