9/6/11

Wine Review: 07 Jade Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon

I found a new Cab Sauv tonight at our local wine shop; it’s the 2007 “Jade Mountain” Cab; it’s 55% Napa, 42% Sonoma and 8% Lake County grown.  I bought it only because I really love blended wines, but this is all the same varietal, and WOW is this good!  It has a subtle yet firm and fruity nose with hints of floral, raspberry, cherry and even a little blueberry; but then it hits the palate with a very well balanced cherry cedar fusion: the tannins spread the black currant wash over your tongue and settle in firmly, with a short jab of nasal acidic that dissipates immediately and calms down to a slow, lazy, dry and lasting finish of chocolate, beef and pepper; we’re talking a mole sauce here that settles into the back of your throat and makes you beg for more.   This is the best Cab Sauv I’ve had in the past few years, a complete surprise for only $16 US.  13.5% Alc and a really fantastic Cab.  Look for it, you can thank me later by pouring me a glass!!