3/6/11

Poco Loco Update - March 6, 2011


POCO LOCO SEVEN WEEKS OUT
As I write this we are a mere 7 weeks and 6 days away from el Poco Loco Boston!  In the next week (or so) John Ellis and I are going to drive both courses (up the Charles) and look for a suitable place for our “Half Time Show”.   

PRE AND POST RUN VENUES
Also, I’m going to make some phone calls this week to find a suitable place for both the Pre-Run Party (Friday, April 29th) and the Post-Run Meal.  I’m hoping, with the latter, to find someplace where we can all sit around the same table (or at least have our own room) that doesn’t cost us too much (i.e. “anything extra”).  The goal in selecting a restaurant or pub is that we keep the financial costs low (the spirit of el Mojo Loco is to make this as inexpensive as possible). 
SO, today’s Poco Loco question is this:

Is anyone expecting NOT be attend the post run festivities? 

I want to provide as accurate “head count” as I can.  My assumption is that there will be (at least) 16 of us, but I think Tim Cleary will have his family with him…and I’m not sure about anyone else.

LODGING
Does everyone have a place to stay?  I’m going to be spending the weekend with Eddie and Adam at my parents house in Weymouth; but I want to make sure that Kelly, Jeff, Neil, and Tim Cleary have a place to stay. 

That’s all for now, sorry for the long message.  Now that I’m back home (from vacation in Florida) I intend to spend a lot more time and kilojoules on el Poco Loco Boston!  I think it’s safe to say that this is the single GREATEST running event to take place in my hometown! (although, there is another event that takes place the week before).

Viva el Poco Loco!

- Steve