10/1/10

Be a Part of PodCasting History!

Fellow Runners:

I'm starting to work on episode 127 of Phedippidations, which I'm going to title: “As the World Cheers” (yeah, incredibly creative huh?...I made that up in my sleep) and I have this idea for an opening to the episode which I’d like to invite you to be a part of.

This is one of the technically toughest (to put together) and most popular (a lot of downloads) episodes that I produce all year.

What I’m asking of you (if you have the time and are interested in being a part of this) is to record a bit of an introduction of yourself.  To quote the great rock band “The Who” I’d like you to answer the question: WHO ARE YOU?

This can (and should) be different from any other shout you may have already submitted…that is; while the other “shout” should include the URL to your blog or podcast…with this one, just introduce yourself as a fellow runner to the world. 

Imagine that the entire planet of runners is sitting in a stadium, and you step up to the microphone to tell them who you are.

For example: here’s what I’ll record:

“My name is Steve and I live in a small New England town in the North Eastern end of the United States of America.  I’m 48 years old, of Italian/Scottish decent and I’m happily married living with my son, stepson, mother in law and two lemon beagles. I like to run, taste wine, watch baseball, read book, and produce podcasts”

That’s it: just a quick introduction of who you are….if you want to send another audio clip with your shout of encouragement (including web address, twitter name, etc etc) I’d be grateful, but for this opening “skit” I want to merge together snipits of audio from YOU introducing yourself to the world.

What’s your name?  Where do you live?  What do you do for fun?  WHO ARE YOU?

 I’ll edit this all into an audio montage for the first 10 minutes of the episode, which will segue nicely into the “shouts of encouragement” from others around the world.

You can either email me your audio: steve@steverunner.com or just call Kevin’s Extra Mile Podcast hot line: 206-339-6497

Thanks so much for doing this; I’ll need the audio by Sunday at the latest in order to get this show out on time.  I usually publish on Sunday morning, but I need to get this one out early (Friday night) in order to have it ready for WWFoR runners; so my production has to be completed on Thursday night at the latest (but I’ll have to have THIS opening segment completed by Sunday night).

Thanks for being a part of this!!

RL&T

- Steve