7/5/10

Please help me get published!


Fellow runners and friends:

I realize that my chances are slim, and that my essay is a poorly written rambling diatribe of sorts, but I’ve always wanted to be a writer: and THIS may be my ONLY chance to ever have something published in a main-stream media book.

If you have a chance, would you do me a HUGE favor and vote for my essay once a day during the contest?
You can vote between July 6th and September 30th.

I know this is just a publicity stunt for Anthony Bourdain’s book, but I am a HUGE fan of his and it would mean so much to me if I could actually get a little recognition from HarperCollins.

This isn’t about money. If I win, my essay will be printed in the paperback edition of his new book “Medium Raw”. The preliminary round is being judged on creativity, originality, and writing style. For me, this is just a “shot in the dark” chance.

Yes, you do have to register to vote (sorry about that); but this is kind of a big deal for me; and I’d be forever grateful if you could help me out.

Thank you so much.

- Steve